Pages

Friday 19 April 2013

My Reflections for term 1


Walt: reflect on my learning

My Reflection for term 1

I need to get to the next level next term. I want to be a star learner and not fail anymore. For the last week of term 1, our class did 3 tests, to see where we actually are.

For my reading, I think I did great, but I am just below the national standards. Our test was based on comprehension for reading.  In reading, my level is 3P. I did well by knowing the authors purpose, I can read quickly and scan fast for the information, and I can understand what the words mean. I need help with placing the punctuations in the right place. I also need help on knowing what the new words mean. I will improve by, doing my homework when we come back to school. I want to be good at reading.

For maths we did numbers and measurement. I scored 2A, which is disappointing. I've got to try hard next term, even better than this term. I did great at factorizing and explaining algebra questions. I also did great in answering perimeter and area questions. I need help with making up a story to solve addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems. I didn’t do great on solving whole numbers and decimal problems. I will ask the teacher, if I don’t understand.

In geometry and statistics, I think I did well. Overall I got 3P, and that’s alright. I did very good at making statements about data shown in a statistics display. I am also good at describing 2D and 3D objects using geometry language. I don’t know how to make sensible statements about a statistical investigation. I also need help with drawing and explaining simple scale maps. I can improve by paying more attention to the teacher.

My goal for next term is to focus on my work, and not focusing on my friends. My other goal is to reach the national standards, and be very intelligent. I want to be ready for college.






0 comments:

Post a Comment